We spent Christmas at my parents' home in Washington. It was a wonderful week. It has been 6 years since I was able to be at my parents' house for Christmas Eve. Every Christmas Eve since I was born, my parents have done a family Christmas pageant with costumes, acting, and singing to reenact and celebrate the first Christmas. This is a beloved tradition, and one I've missed being a part of! I was so thrilled when this year I was able to play Mary, Michael played Joseph, and Orion was baby Jesus. My sisters both have babies as well, but Lauren and baby Elise were angels along with my sister Anna, and Anna's baby Cohen was in the flock with the shepherds. =) It really made my Christmas to have Orion be baby Jesus. I stripped him down to his diaper and wrapped a white sheet around him. He quietly observed the whole experience and played his part well-- he even sat in a wicker basket representing the manger. I loved being with my family, and singing the Christmas hymns with them as we shared again in a beloved tradition.
Orion as baby Jesus
Visiting my Grandma with my mom: 4 generations here!

Did you get some of these pics off my profile?? Or did I really send you the angel pic of us?? hahaha. 'twas a good pageant :) It wouldn't be Christmas Eve for me without one.
ReplyDelete