Sunday, May 9, 2010

Orion's First Easter

























Orion's first Easter started with waking up and us showing him his Easter basket. It contained a bottle of bubbles, a package of peeps (which were really for us), a book and truck from grandma, and lots of fun easter grass!

























Our Easter celebration continued as we traveled down to Newport Beach to attend the Newport Center United Methodist Church's Easter service. This is the church I worked at for 5 years as choir director. And we haven't been there for 6 months, so it was great to drive down and see the church and all the great people there. I can't say I heard too much of the service, since Orion was being particularly noisy and I was out in the hall. But the church looked beautiful.































After saying our goodbyes, we drove over to the Mormon chapel in Newport Beach to watch General Conference, which was of course centered around the Easter message. The talks were inspirational, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sounded so heavenly. (that's their job, right?) The Newport chapel is right next to the Newport Beach Temple, so we finished off our trip by walking around the temple grounds. Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. That second picture of him sitting makes him look so old, because of how his legs are. Oh and from the last picture I can tell he looks exactly like Michael now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think he looks like a rasmussen. Love the one of him touching the peeps. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a good parent! I skipped the holiday gifts for my kids till they were old enough to know what's going on and remember stuff!

    ReplyDelete